Arlo cameras are popularly known for the excellent performance they deliver. In order to boost device performance and to make it better, Arlo released automatic Arlo Firmware Update in all its connected devices. It occurs between 3:00 a.m. and 5:00. However, it can be done manually using the given guide. The procedure to manually update each Arlo camera firmware is different. Therefore, you must know the accurate guide to update the Arlo camera you are using. Follow our given guide and apply the same for a quick update.
Note: – Arlo camera firmware update usually happens once every three months while the larger ones happen once in a year.
Follow the steps to manually update your Arlo Q, Arlo Q Plus, or Arlo Go firmware
You just need to go through a few simple steps and you will we do updating your Arlo Q and Arlo Q plus.
Note:- You may not be able to operate your camera if Arlo Pro Firmware Update is a larger one.
- Open Arlo app on your Smartphone
- To access it from Arlo website follow the website URL: arlo.netgear.com
- There are only a few supported browsers and that are Internet Explorer 10 or later, Chrome (latest version), Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari 3 or later,
- To access it via Arlo app, search it on Google Play and Apple App stores and log in your Arlo account.
- Go to the top menu and tap on Settings.
- A list of cameras may appear on your screen.
- Select your camera and make a tap or click on Device Info.
- After all, this, tap on or click the ‘Firmware’
- Now, choose Update option and the update will begin.
To ensure if the process has started or not, check your camera’s LED if it blinks blue and amber it indicates that firmware is being installed. This process may take several minutes to be completed.
Follow the steps to manually update your Arlo or Arlo Pro Camera
Apply the given steps and wait for 10-15 minutes as Arlo Pro Firmware Update takes time.
- Open Arlo app on your Smartphone.
- Now, log in to it.
- Tap on ‘Settings’, then on ‘My Devices’ option.
- After all this, you need to select your Arlo or Arlo Pro base station.
- Tap ‘Device Info’.
- Now, choose ‘Firmware’ and then ‘Update’ option.
- Make sure that you are not turning off your base station as it may interrupt this process.
- Now, wait until Arlo base station firmware gets updated.
- In order to check the status, check the power LED to the base station. If it blinks green and amber, which means it is being downloaded. When the light blinks solid green, it means that the firmware update is complete.
- Once it gets updated, make a tap on ‘Device Info’ then ‘Device Settings’ then on ‘My Devices’ and select the camera you want to update
- Tap on Device Info, then Firmware.
- At last, tap on ‘Update’ and it will begin updating.
While following the given procedure, if you face issues like Arlo Camera Rejected Upgrade Request or several similar issues, then connect with the Arlo officials and get an instant solution.
Summary:– The article consists of information about the process to update Arlo camera firmware. Moreover, we have also written about issues which may occur during the process.